Brew City Sports
Thursday, February 25, 2010
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Hey Tim Horton, Go Fuck Yourself
The uniforms = bad ass. Ryan Miller = bad ass. Canada = bad, evil, losers. Hey Tim Horton, have fun playing Russia in the quarterfinals.
Not looking too good. Not any better for the men, either (note: I couldn't find a picture on John Schuster to do funny things with). Honestly, their performance in curling makes me still think I have a chance at making the Olympics.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
Top 50 MLB Prospects for 2010
Every good sports blog does a top baseball prospects list, right? Well, here's ours (and I figured we didn't need a picture on this one). And I limited it to 50 because when you go to 100 you get way too many 2009 draftees who lack a minor league track record. Rating those guys in inherently difficult.
- Jason Heyward - ATL - OF - 98.4%
- Desmond Jennings - TAM - CF - 97.1%
- Stephen Strasburg - WAS - SP - 96.7%
- Carlos Santana - CLE - C - 96.1%
- Neftali Feliz - TEX - SP/RP - 95.9%
- Buster Posey - SFG - C - 94.8%
- Jesus Montero - NYY - C - 93.9%
- Jeremy Hellickson - TAM - SP - 93.5%
- Brian Matusz - BAL - SP - 93.4%
- Chris Carter - OAK - 1B - 92.6%
- Justin Smoak - TEX - 1B - 92.4%
- Pedro Alvarez - PIT -3B - 91.6%
- Aroldis Chapman - CIN - SP - 91.5%
- Michael Taylor - OAK - OF - 91.0%
- Wade Davis - TAM - SP - 90.4%
- Christian Friedrich - COL -SP - 89.1%
- Dustin Ackley - SEA - 2B/OF - 88.8%
- Mike Stanton - FLA - OF - 87.9%
- Madison Bumgarner - SFG - SP - 87.0%
- Derek Norris - WAS - C - 86.5%
- Daniel Hudson - CHW - SP - 85.6%
- Jaff Decker - SDP - OF - 85.2%
- Casey Kelly - BOS - SP - 84.8%
- Martin Perez - TEX - SP - 84.1%
- Casey Crosby - DET - SP - 84.0%
- Josh Bell - BAL - 3B - 83.8%
- Logan Morrison - FLA - 1B - 83.5%
- Todd Frazier - CIN - 2B - 83.4%
- Brett Wallace - TOR - 1B - 83.3%
- Mike Minor - ATL - SP - 82.9%
- Domonic Brown - PHI - OF - 82.7%
- Scott Sizemore - DET - 2B - 82.6%
- Scott Elbert - LAD - SP - 82.3%
- Tim Beckham - TAM - SS - 82.2%
- Hector Rondon - CLE - SP - 82.1%
- Josh Vitters - CHC - 3B - 81.8%
- Kyle Drabek - TOR - SP - 81.4%
- Mike Montgomery - KAN - SP - 81.2%
- Randall Delgado - ATL - SP - 81.2%
- Matt Moore - TAM - SP - 81.0%
- Alcides Escobar - MIL - SS - 80.8%
- Starlin Castro - CHC - SS - 80.7%
- Aaron Hicks - MIN - CF - 80.6%
- Julio Teheran - ATL - SP - 80.6%
- Jenrry Mejia - NYM - SP - 80.5%
- Brandon Allen - ARI - 1B - 80.3%
- Jordan Lyles - HOU - SP - 80.3%
- Ryan Westmoreland - BOS - CF - 80.2%
- Aaron Crow - KAN - SP - 80.0%
- Mike Leake - CIN - SP - 80.0%
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Sticking with the Theme...
Was this guy always just a huge pussy? Did anyone else catch the puff piece [linked on BCB] by the MN Star Tribune?
here's the link
Hardy knew he could have used a couple of days off to clear his mind, but he had too much pride to ask Brewers manager Ken Macha for a rest.
"I never got the days off," Hardy said. "I felt like the day just sped up on me. I felt like the day was going 100 miles an hour for me."
Cry me a river, you fucking baby. And as some astute blogger already pointed out, Vajayjay got 13, yes THIRTEEN days off before getting his ass jettisoned to Nashville. How many elite-level shortstops get 13 fucking days off every 3 months?
JJ, I'm glad you're gone.
Tuesday, February 09, 2010
Brewers to erect statue of Bud Selig outside Miller Park
Plans are also in the works to add Matt Kinney's name to the Brewers' walk of fame.
I wonder what my dad has to say about the Selig statue???
Wednesday, February 03, 2010
MU Gets Last Commitment for 2010 Class (for now)
Is that Michael Jordan wearing a wig? No, but good guess.
His name is Jae "Crowbar" Crowder. He's a 6'6" Juco with a Big East frame. Because there's generally a lack of information about junior college athletics available, it's hard to really judge how good Crowder is. However, I have seen reports suggesting that some consider him the top Juco forward prospect in the country. While that may not be the case, there's little doubt that he will be able to contribute something next year. I mean, look at him. Such is the advantage of Juco players - you don't have to watch their brutal freshman (and in this case sophomore) seasons. Crowder will come in with two extra years of experience (and weight lifting). Will be blossum in Buzz Williams' system the same way Jimmy Butler did?
One thing is for sure: MU needed size and it needed it fast. Though Crowder isn't overly big, at least he's experienced and capable of playing forward. If MU can at least have 3 forwards or even 2 forwards and a shitty center playing when needed next year, it'll be a big improvement over this year and last. Buzz will have to look to 2011 to find a center who can contribute, or say a lot of prayers that Mbao or Otule can get a lot better in the next 8 months.
Tuesday, February 02, 2010
Bears sign Mike Martz as offensive coordinator
Upon learning of the Bears' OC vacancy, I thought to myself "Mike Martz is available. Wouldn't it be awesome if by some stroke of slutmagic he was paired with Jay Cutler?" Well it appears as though my prayers have been answered. The guy whose offense finished in the top six in interceptions every year in the 00's will be coaching the quarterback who threw almost four times as many interceptions as Brett Favre in 2009. In related news, Charles Woodson is being treated for Priapism.