Here are the rules considered for the keeper league. Without objection, rules 1-7 are set in stone, and without similar objection, I move to make the remaining rules (8 and 9) permanent additions.
1. Maximum 1 Keeper at each position (QB, RB, WR, TE, K, DEF). NO MINIMUM.
2. For each keeper, you will forfeit a pick two rounds before the round you originally selected the player. You may keep your first three players (unlikely given the position limits), but you must forfeit the highest possible draft choice for players drafted in the first three rounds.
3. All keepers selected off waivers will be 9th round picks for the following season.
4. Players may be kept for a maximum of three years by one team. Players may be redrafted by that team and kept for a maximum of three years again. This may be expanded to 5 years for rookies if we accept the first year player rule below.
5. Draft order next year will be determined by finish this season. Loser picks first.
6. Expansion Draft: New teams will be awarded the first overall pick. Since most teams will forfeit their first few round selections, this gives teams new to the league a chance to catch up.
7. There's going to be some kind of trophy.
8. 2-man practice squads - only 1st and 2nd year players are eligible. All PS players are eligible to be claimed by all teams - if a claim is made, the player's team can either promote the player to the 17-man active roster, or allow the player to leave, in which case the acquiring team must keep the player on their 17-man active roster all season.
9. College Draft - 3 rounds, 36 selections. Held in inverse order of last year's standings. Select potential rookies for next season from this year's college crop. Groom them on the practice squad and bring them to the bigs any time within the first two years and they become yours.
Labels: Fantasy Football